Go deeper into Portuguese food culture visiting the charming village of Setúbal, considered the most important center of Portugal's fishing industry.
Enjoy a unique and memorable experience in Comporta, one of the most beautiful beaches of
Portugal. Awe at the breathtaking views from the Troia Peninsula while living an amazing experience and learning the basics of horse riding.
Have fun and feel unique in your experience in a Premium Small Group Tour.
We invite you to discover Setúbal, considered the most important center of Portugal's fishing industry. We will visit the bustling fish market (Mercado do Livramento), the center of the historic area, the Convento de Jesus – classified as a National Monument and the Forte de São Felipe where you will see one of the most breathtaking panoramic views of the city.
We will head towards Comporta on a vibrant 25 min ferry ride. This is the best way to admire the beauty of the Troia's coast ( it is the longest in Europe, and the 7th longest in the world with 65 km of uninterrupted sand ) and it is very common to see dolphins at this point.
We will arrive in Comporta, this full charm area classified as a 'highly protected natural reserve”. There you will enjoy this unique landscape as you ride on horseback with instruction provided by your guide across rice paddies, pine forests, and dunes until you reach the sandy Atlantic Coast.
At the end of your tour, you will return to the center of Lisbon in a comfortable minibus, where your guide will be able to recommend things to do during the rest of your stay.
Comfortable clothing and shoes
For all bookings of day tours, a minimum of 24 hours' notice prior to your scheduled departure is required in order to receive a full refund. If a cancellation is made with less than 24 hours notice, no refund is given.
For all bookings of multi-day and custom private tours, a minimum of 72 hours' notice prior to your scheduled departure is required in order to receive a full refund. If a cancellation is made with less than 72 hours' notice, no refund is given*
*Note that in the event the client requests a refund for any reason, Tour Desk reserves the right to charge a 3% administration fee to cover costs incurred.
Cancellation and refund requests need to be sent in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting Point: Praça marques de Pombal nr. 8C 1269-133 Lisboa
Tour-specific language: Bilingual tour.
What to bring: Wear comfortable clothing and shoes
● Please, be at the check in point 15’ minutes before departure time.
Due to logistics matters, the tour must start punctually. Delays will not be tolerated; they will be considered a non-refundable no show.
● This product is subject to cancellation or rescheduling based on inclement weather.
● There is a minimum of people required to operate the tour. In the event that this minimum is not met, customers will be offered an alternative date, another tour of equal or superior value, or a full refund.
● Due to horse safety restrictions, anyone with a weight above 95 KG or below 12 years of age won't be allowed to
join this activity
● There is a minimum of people required to operate on languages that are not English or Spanish. if this minimum is not reached, the tour will be offered in English.
● Tour may be affected due to special circumstances