Templar River: Tomar and Almourol Private Tour
Meet your Around Lisbon guide and head to Tomar on a road trip that should take us about 1 hour. When there, we will go directly to the Templar Castle and the Convento de Cristo Monastery and get amazed by
this magnificent monument filled with history.
Descent to the city of Tomar and visit the old town passing by the old Synagogue, the oldest in Portugal.
You’ll have the chance to walk around and find some of the most unique buildings in the city, as well some free time to enjoy your lunch (not included).
Leaving Tomar, we’ll head on to Constância, where Luís de Camões - the most famous Portuguese poet - is
said to have lived. There, enjoy the magnificent views of the confluence of Zêzere and Tejo rivers.
Take a small boat ride in the Tagus river calm waters up to the unique Almourol Castle island, where you’ll
have some more free time to explore.
Then, take the beautiful roads that follow the Tagus river south, crossing the Ribatejo plains and passing
by Golegã (horse riding capital of Portugal) and Santarém (gothic capital of Portugal), before taking the return route back to Lisbon.
- Climb up to the Templar castle and discover the monumental work of the Convent of Christ
- Explore Tomar, one of Portugal's historical jewels and the last Templar town to be commissioned for construction
- Visit the old synagogue
- Watch the natural beauty of the confluence of Zêzere and Tejo rivers in the quaint village of Constância
- Go on a boat ride to Almourol Castle
- Departure point: your centrally located Lisbon hotel
- Departure time 9h30am (exact pickup time will be confirmed within 48h prior to the tour)
- Duration 8 hours (approximately)
- Returns to original departure point at approximately 7pm
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|