The Farmers’ Market Tour
Meet the Farmers, Azorian style.
- Person (All Ages): 15€ incl. transport from Ponta Delgada
Max: 4 guests (unless a group booking)
Unlike Mercado de Graça in Ponta Delgada, this is a market that most people don’t get to see or experience, including locals! Happening only on a Thursday, this is where the farmers meet, buy and sell their produce and livestock and get together for a chat.
After we leave the market we will briefly visit a pineapple farm and we will end the tour by dropping you off at Mercado de Graça.
We start at 09:30 and aim to have guests back no later 11.00. Pick up from Ponta Delgada (with the option to meet at the market if preferred.)
Highlights of the tour:
- Look round a real local market (where farmers meet once a week)
- Get some great value, and local fruits and vegetables from the people who grow them
- Pick up some local specialities (like honey and pineapples) to take home
- In the area you will also find one of the top restaurants in the Azores, Restaurante Da Associacao Agricola.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
Please make sure to arrive on time for the tour.
We recommend you wear comfortable shoes and do not forget your camera!