The Complete Food & Fado Tour
On this gourmet tour you will not only taste some of Portugal’s finest food, you will do so in three authentic Lisbon settings, listening to the greatest fado singers of our generation.
Adult (10+ years old): 88€
Casa dos Bicos, Rua dos Bacalhoeiros 10, 1100-135 Lisboa,
Front of the Casa dos Bicos under the olive tree
ABOUT THE FOOD & FADO LOVER TOUR
EXPERIENCE PORTUGAL AT IT’S BEST ON THIS FOOD AND FADO LOVER TOUR
Fado and food are abundant in Lisbon, the tricky thing is finding the authentic places where to enjoy not just food but great food and deeply moving professional fado instead of tourist trap amateurs. Our mission is to take you places you are very unlikely to end-up in otherwise and offer you a taste of the highest quality Portuguese dishes.
In three unique decors, you will experience the traditional Lisbon evening, tasting wines, sharing some food and listening to the beautiful ”saudades” of fado. For those who are still confused about what this “fado” is all about, we recommend you leave it to your heart and ears to discover.
Defining fado would be useless as each singer and every musician has their own distinctive touches and though the words are mostly sorrowful, they will surprise you with an occasional light and joyful tune.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE FOOD AND FADO LOVER TOUR
THE PERFECT TOUR TO EXPERIENCE LISBON WITH YOUR TASTE BUDS AND SOUL
With a maximum of ten people per tour, we can assure you personal attention and unique experience. Our passionate guides will share stories about the history and traditions of Portugal, and you will also learn about and taste local wines and many other great local treats to make your Lisboa experience truly memorable. By the end of the tour, you’ll not only have a pleasantly full stomach but a rich understanding of what it means to be a part of this city.
- The Food and Fado Lover Tour takes place walking from Praca do Comercio to the lesser known areas of Alafama and sea neigbourhoods
- A 3-stop journey starting in a traditional Portuguese tavern, followed by a 6-course tasting menu with wine pairings, and ending in Lisbon’s Temple of Fado
- We speak (upon request) English, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Dutch.
WHAT TO EXPECT OF THE FOOD AND FADO LOVER TOUR
- A lot of food: 14-16 petiscos and gourmet meals servings. If you don’t have a huge appetite we recommend eating lightly before the tour!
- Abundant information about Portuguese food, history, local culture, and lifestyle.
- You may join a small group of travelers. Please feel free to request a 100% private tour for you or for a larger group.
- Tour guide gratuities are always graciously accepted.
- Tour runs rain or shine.
- Price includes all food + drinks and restaurant taxes. Additional orders should be paid separately.
- A 4-hour tour with less than 10 minutes walking between each stop to ensure a thoroughly laid-back, on-foot experience.
- This food tour involves a certain amount of uphill walking on cobble stones and climbs down steps, typical from old Lisbon streets.
- Minimum 4 persons per tour
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
See you soon!